Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why gravity9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the worlds largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
gravity9 announced a strategic partnership with MongoDB in 2021. As part of this partnership, we are helping our several of our clients to modernise their data platforms onto MongoDB to take advantage of the Document Data model. We are looking to grow our capabilities around all things data to drive data-centric approaches to application modernisation for our clients.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic Cloud Data Architect with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. Using your experience in MongoDB, Big Data technologies, conventional RDBMS’ and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of modern data-intensive applications that are transforming industries. You will work alongside the gravity9 sales team as a technical leader and experienced data professional to shape solutions and help win deals. You will provide oversight across multiple engagements that are in the delivery phase to ensure best practices are followed from a data perspective. You will perform hands-on data consulting, working with our clients as part of project deliveries, developing ETL solutions, running workshops, or leading teams. You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to our clients.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
This role will suit a highly capable technology professional with prior experience as a Cloud Solutions Architect, Database Administrator, or Data Architect. Skills and experience must include:
● Excellent knowledge of the business of Data management & Data lifecycle.
● Hands on experience of design and development of MongoDB solutions (MongoDB certification a plus).
● A strong understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) with a focus on the data services.
● In-depth knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies from Microsoft, Amazon and/or Google (Big Data & Conventional RDBMS), Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Teradata, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake etc.
● Good understanding of conventional databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, etc.).
● Experience in ETL solutions, moving data to cloud and designing cloud based data warehouses/architectures.
● Writing or spec’ing out data pipelines.
● Knowledge of cloud based ingestion and transformation tools.
● Prior experience in a technical sales environment.
● Consulting experience & Management experience would be nice to have.
● A certification such as Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Data Engineer or related AWS Certified Solutions Architect / Big Data or Microsoft Azure Architect would also be great.
● An appetite for digging into existing data to understand business requirements.
● Previous experience introducing best practices or processes into a team and a strong desire to help others succeed.
● Bonus: Experienced using Apache Spark for data processing.
● Bonus: Experienced with data streaming applications middleware (e.g. Kafka, Rabbitmq).
● Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US-based clients).
● Education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered.
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
● Customer Centricity – passion for understanding the problem we are trying to solve with software and to advocate solutions to your client.
● Delivery Focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
● Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
● Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
● Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.