Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why Gravity 9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the world’s largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic Data Engineer with a keen interest in current technology. Using your experience of data engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of secure and scalable applications that are transforming industries.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
The first project you will work on will be the development of a greenfield blockchain platform for the mining industry. The responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing reliable, observable data pipelines
- Quantifying and qualifying data sets in motion
- Putting in place heterogeneous data consumers – Files, APIs, Queues
- Centralising metrics around data feeds
- Putting in place data flow control and process recoverability after failure
- Building reports and dashboards facilitating observability
- Helping 3rd parties to integrate with a REST API
Role requirements - technical skills and experience
This role will suit a highly capable data engineer with at least five years’ experience. Skills and experience should include:
- Experience implementing data pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and MongoDB (Aggregation Framework and Map-Reduce)
- Experience in Data Modelling and optimisation
- Experience building ETL/ELT processes
- Strong knowledge of REST API implementations
- Good understanding of AWS – S3, SNS, SQS and Lambda
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity with container technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US based clients)
- Education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered
Role requirements – soft skills
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
- Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
- Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
- Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
- Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.
For more information about working at Gravity 9 please go to www.gravity9.co.