Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why gravity9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the worlds largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
gravity9 is on an exciting growth path, expanding our capabilities, client base, and projects. As part of this growth, we are looking forward to ensure we are establishing sustainable delivery practices for our business. We are known to our clients for quality and consistency of delivery, and it is vital to us as an organization that we maintain this focus as we scale.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic Delivery Manager to help us define and shape our delivery practices as we grow. Using your knowledge of Agile and practical experience of working in cross-functional agile teams, you will ensure we deliver solutions of high value and quality to our clients.
● You will take ownership for the delivery of projects across a portfolio of clients ensuring that we deliver both greenfield products and technical enhancements to existing products and platforms to budget and time.
● You will assist with initial planning stages for new projects - timeline mapping, initial estimates, framing the Definition of Workflow, setting DoD, etc.
● You will work with the Solution Architect and Technical Lead to confirm all appropriate project kickoff steps are taken before development begins.
● You will guide the engineering team(s) on how to use Agile processes (mainly the Scrum framework) with a focus on self-organized teams.
● You will support the engineering teams by removing impediments and coaching the development teams in removing impediments;
● You will facilitate scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, sprint demos, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups)
● You will collaborate with Technical Leads to implement changes that increase the productivity of the engineering team
● You will support Product Owners to refine and maintain the product backlog
● You will use metrics effectively to identify and drive practices to achieve effective delivery and to capture the effectiveness of changes
● You will work closely with Product Managers, Stakeholders, and Engineers, communicating effectively to understand the context and translating requirements into technical tasks
● You will work closely with the Engineering team(s) to ensure they have full awareness of their priorities, progress, and ability to deliver
● You will be responsible for reporting on the delivery of the team(s) you are supporting, as well as proactively managing and resolving issues, risks, dependencies and impediments that may impact the team(s) objectives.
● You will also challenge our existing approaches to delivery, acting as an advocate for agile ways of working to ensure maximum value to our clients
● You will work alongside the gravity9 sales and solution architecture teams to shape solutions and help win deals.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
This role will suit somebody with a strong working knowledge of agile software development, techniques, and artifacts. You will either have past experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach and strong experience successfully delivering technology-related products or projects. The ideal candidate is someone who is proactive, has excellent communication skills, and has strong facilitation experience. Skills and experience must include:
● Demonstrable expertise in Agile methodologies and process, and proven history of successfully implementing them within teams and organisations
● Previous experience in an Agile Delivery Manager, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Product Owner or Project Manager role
● Several experiences of managing and delivering complex software from inception to production deployment.
● Experience working with cross-functional teams across design and engineering disciplines
● Proven ability to influence and persuade stakeholders - indirect management, diplomacy and facilitating compromise
● Proven ability to recover a project that has encountered delivery and/or stakeholder satisfaction issues
● A servant leadership style with the ability to keep the stakeholders' and teams’ needs ahead of your own
● Evident ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
● A data-driven approach with excellent time management skills and the ability to drive multiple projects concurrently.
● Experience with backlog and development management tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA
● Experience working in a start up or scale up environment would be beneficial
● Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US-based clients)
● Experience setting up teams from scratch would be nice to have
● Prior experience in a technical sales environment would be nice to have
● Consulting experience & Management experience would be nice to have
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
● Customer Centricity – passion for understanding the problem we are trying to solve with software and to advocate solutions to your client.
● Delivery Focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
● Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
● Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
● Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.