Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why Gravity 9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the worlds largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic full-stack software engineer with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. Using your experience of ASP.NET core, React.js / Angular and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of secure and scalable applications that are transforming industries. You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value our clients.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
Role requirements and experience
This role will suit a highly capable developer with at least five years experience with.Net and React.js / Angular. Skills and experience must include:
- Strong experience working with ASP.NET core 2+
- Thorough understanding of React.js / Angular and their core principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Demonstrable experience of using a microservices architecture
- Experience working with AWS /Azure
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US based clients)
- Development methodologies: Familiarity with agile working and test-driven development. Use of Git and JIRA.
- Education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered.
Role requirements – soft skills
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
- Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
- Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
- Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
- Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.
For more information about working at Gravity 9 please go to www.gravity9.co.