Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why gravity9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the worlds largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
gravity9 are opening a new development centre in Colombia and are looking for an ambitious hands-on lead to help start and grow our team. We are looking for someone interested in leading projects for international clients, helping to build a strong technical team and to extend gravity9’s culture to Colombia. The person is this role will work closely with gravity9’s leadership team to create a strong team, will lead that team to deliver a backlog of enhancement work for one of our key US clients, while also being hands on with implementation. The role will have possibility to grow into a larger leadership role over time as gravity9’s Colombia office scales, potentially overseeing multiple project teams across multiple clients to drive overall success of gravity9 inColombia while staying true to our values as an engineering and design-led organization.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic Full-Stack .NET Lead with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. Using your experience in ASP.NET core, modern frontend frameworks(React.js or Angular or Vue.js) and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of modern front end applications that are transforming industries. You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to our clients.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
This role will suit a highly capable lead developer with .NET and frontend skills in React.js or Angular or Vue.js. Skills and experience must include:
● Experience leading a full-stack team, mentoring team members.
● Experience with agile working and test-driven development.
● Strong experience working with ASP.NET Core 2+.
● Thorough understanding of React.js or Angular or Vue.js.
● Experience in design and development of RESTful APIs.
● Demonstrable experience of using a microservices architecture.
● Experience working with Azure, experience with AWS or GCP a plus.
● Experience writing unit and integration tests.
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical design.
● Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with US-based clients).
● Education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered.
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
● Customer Focus – passion for understanding the problem we are trying to solve with software and to advocate solutions to your client.
● Mentoring Leadership Style – an approach to team leadership that is about helping your team to learn and grow to succeed in the project and achieve their career objectives.
● Business Mindset – curiosity about our company works, what will make us successful as a group, and how you and your team can contribute to that success.
● Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
● Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
● Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
● Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.