Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why gravity9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the world’s largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
We are seeking someone who can lead engagements with our clients. The role involves being the point person with responsibility for delivery, client relationship and overseeing the team delivering the work. Working closely with clients, the role will involve technical leadership, getting stuck into the technical detail, as well as strong stakeholder management. The role involves working in close collaboration with the client’s own staff and product teams throughout the engagement as their strategic delivery partner and trusted adviser.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change of this nature. As such, this is a crucial role and will require flexibility and the ability to take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of the engagement.
● Interaction with stakeholders, ensuring expectations are managed and business goals are understood.
● Accountable for the design of the solutions.
● Overseeing and managing development teams.
This role will suit a highly capable Technical Lead with experience leading client facing engagements. Skills and experience should include:
● Software development: An experienced software developer and architect.
● Development methodologies: Experienced with agile working and test-driven development.
● Domain-Driven Design: Experience in defining bounded contexts and subdomains, and use of aggregate roots and domain events.
● Extensive experience in designing and building medium/large and/or enterprise application.
● Experience in assessing and choosing technology based on requirements.
● Experience in estimating project timelines and resources needed.
● Experience using JIRA for backlog and work management is a plus.
● Experience in building mobile solutions is a plus.
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
● Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery
● Strong consultant - good at listening and asking questions. Ability to see issues from different perspectives and communicate well
● Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role
● Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations
● Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed