Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why gravity9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the worlds largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
We are looking for a high energy, visionary Product Owner with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. You will be involved in working with our clients and development teams to own, shape and drive the products we create. Leveraging best practices you will be involved in the design and implementation of software products that are transforming industries.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning of product releases and set expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
Role requirements and experience
This role will suit a highly capable Product Owner with at least five years’ experience. Skills and experience must include:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Agile process and principles
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred,either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
- Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
- Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
- Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
- Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.
For more information about working at gravity9 please go to www.gravity9.co.