Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why Gravity 9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the world’s largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic Java software engineer with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. Using your experience of Java and engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of secure and scalable applications that are transforming industries. You will take an active lead in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to our clients. You will also guide less experience developers.
The first project you will work on will be the development of a greenfield platform for buying / selling cars on credit. The proposed technology stack involves Java 11+, Spring, AWS, Kubernetes (EKS), Eureka, Zuul, Redis, Kubernetes.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
Role requirements - technical skills and experience
This role will suit a highly capable and experienced Java developer. Skills and experience should include:
- Solid foundation of Java 8+ and ideally having Java 11/14 and OpenJDK experience.
- Good understanding of Maven or Gradle.
- Thorough understanding of Spring especially: Spring Boot, Spring Framework Spring Security.
- Additional languages or front-end skills is a plus though not directly required.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Nice to have experience working with Spring Data, Spring Cloud, Redis, Eureka, Zuul.
- Familiarity with RESTful WebServices APIs, Spring MVC, Tomcat/Jetty, OpenID Connect, OAuth2
- Demonstrable experience of using a microservices architecture.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US based clients).
- DevOps: configuration of CI /CD pipelines in e.g. Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- DevOps: some experience in Docker or Kubernetes / EKS.
- Development methodologies: familiarity with agile working and test-driven development.
- Education: an excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered.
Role requirements - soft skills
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
- Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
- Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency.
- Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
- Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
- Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.
For more information about working at Gravity 9 please go to www.gravity9.co.