Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why gravity9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the world’s largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic Solution Architect with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. Using your experience in Microservice architectures, Domain Driven Design, Big Data technologies, Cloud Architecture and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of modern data-intensive applications that are transforming industries. You will work alongside the gravity9 sales team as a technical leader and experienced data professional to shape solutions and help win deals. You will provide oversight across multiple engagements that are in the delivery phase to ensure best practices are followed from a data perspective. You will perform hands-on software consulting, working with our clients as part of project deliveries, designing solutions, running workshops, or leading teams. You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to our clients.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change of this nature. As such, this is a crucial role and will require flexibility and the ability to take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of the engagement.
● Working with the gravity9 sales team to understand client problems and to propose architectural solutions to clients.
● Collaborating with the gravity9 UX design & creative team to create user-centric prototypes and proof of concepts to earn client confidence.
● Accountable for the architectural design and development of the solutions from sales discussions through to solution delivery.
● Interaction with client stakeholders, ensuring expectations are managed and business goals are understood, acting as a trusted advisor.
● Leading and managing development teams, identifying and mitigating delivery risks.
● Mentoring junior team members in new technologies and development practices.
● Hands-on coding as a member of the delivery team.
This role will suit a highly capable Solution Architect with experience leading client facing engagements. Skills and experience should include:
● Cloud-native architectures: A strong understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Amazon Web Services (AWS) with a focus on event-driven microservices.
● Data technologies: A good understanding of popular database technologies from Microsoft, Amazon and/or Google (Big Data & Conventional RDBMS), with MongoDB experience a plus.
● Development methodologies: Experienced with agile working and test-driven development.
● Domain-Driven Design: Experience in defining bounded contexts and subdomains, and use of aggregate roots and domain events.
● Extensive experience in designing and building medium/large and/or enterprise applications.
● Experience in assessing and choosing technology based on requirements.
● Experience in estimating project timelines and resources needed.
● Previous experience introducing best practices or processes into a team and a strong desire to help others succeed.
● Consulting experience & Management experience is a plus.
● Prior experience in a technical sales environment is a plus.
● Experience using JIRA for backlog and work management is a plus.
● A certification such as Microsoft Azure Architect, Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or MongoDB Certified Developer would is a plus.
● Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US-based clients).
● Education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered.
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
● Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
● Strong consultant - good at listening and asking questions. Ability to see issues from different perspectives and communicate well.
● Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
● Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
● Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.