● Technical and inquisitive
● Wants to define a blueprint for the organization; someone we can learn from
● Likes tinkering with technology and automation
● Wants to build something from the ground-up with an emerging partner
● Has the flexibility to work with people in an office, while interacting with a global team
● Does not have an ego - wants to make themselves, us, and the world better place
● Coordinating release process with enterprise clients, including assisting with occasional releases during the US Pacific Timezone.
● Creation of technical documentation to help provide forward comprehension of released software
● Authoring and validating technical diagrams that show logical and component associations
● Build and release automation, to support streamlined deployments to integration / QA / UAT / Production environments
● Driving confidence in a deployment process for the client
● Assessment of operational risk, and recommendations for improved forward stability
● Bridging the divide between team leadership, technical delivery, and client for the purposes of ongoing solutions integration
● Helping to define scalable best practices for a growing organization
● 3-5 years hands-on experience building and deploying software; strong experience with the SLDC process and OOO programming languages like Java / C# / .Net / others.
● Spent 3+ years performing build management, automation, and DevOps with/for an Enterprise client
● Strong experience with Azure, Pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes, and related services
● Strong experience with Microservices implementations
● Worked on a project with concurrent development streams and over 15 distributed developers
● Understanding of software implementations, including APIs, modules, services, databases, and transport/messages
● Has developed automated solutions to improve performance and productivity
● 95% of the time they will be working a 9-5pm with the Polish development team.
●Tasks will include creating build automation from scratch, release scripts, and improving the reliability of how we release our code to the client.
● We have a backlog of technical documentation needed, including: diagrams of the current system, technical breakdown of microservices, and other documentation requirements
● 5% of the time we will need the resource to support production release efforts with the client, on the client time zone. This usually means helping at 6AM CEST one day every 2-3 weeks. This is not a common task, only something we should do periodically.